New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Melina just wants a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T


Here is an good article I found today regarding WWE's red hot Melina. Melina is one of my favorite wrestlers, and plays one of the best bad girls I have ever seen on WWE television.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_8641934

Here is one of my favorite parts from the piece:

For example, she points out, men can't do some of the things the women can. Women fight in different ways. Melina - born Melina Perez - strives for respect not only among the women, but the men as well.

"Females come up to me and they say that I motivate them to become wrestlers," she said.

"Women are the harshest critics, so when they say I'm doing a good job, or they admire me or they feel motivated by me, that means a lot."

Melina characterizes herself as one of the "bad girls" of wrestling: a mean villainess. Her biggest competitor is Mickie James and she enjoys any opportunity to give her a thrashing. Her best friend is Jillian Hall and the two share the same styles, views and goals in wrestling.

"I think one of the challenges is it's a male-dominated world and how people see you, not only as female who looks good, but to have people think that of me is awesome, but also being respected as a female wrestler," Melina said.

No comments:

Recent Articles