New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview: Christie Ricci


CATFIGHT REPORT EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CHRISTIE RICCI



She loves extreme sports............and she is a self proclaimed extreme woman. Christie Ricci is a very popular independent wrestler who is known worldwide for her striking good looks and southern charm.

Not only is she young, but her middle name might as well be "ambitious", because there is a lot this sexy starlet wants to achieve in her life. She owns her own business called Posh Productions and still has many waves that she intends to make before it's all said and done.

The Catfight Report came around and asked Christie if she would answer some questions for us..........and here is what we asked...............and what she had to say!

CATFIGHT REPORT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS WITH CHRISTIE RICCI

1. What are your thoughts on the female wrestling business today? What do you feel needs to be done to take it to the next level?


CHRISTIE RICCI: I grew up in the 80s, and todays wrestling is completely different from what I fell in love with. The business is a little frustrating for me because some of the girls don't have a real passion for wrestling, they just wake up one day and decide to audition for something wrestling related and begin calling themselves pro wrestlers. To be perfectly honest, I miss the hard hitting ladies of the 80s like Lei Lani Kai, Wendy Richter, Desiree Petersen and Sherry Martel. I wouldn't really call today's female circuit a business but more of a circus. But on a more positive note, there are many girls on the circuit today that I do have much respect for.

2. Are you trained in any martial arts or hand to hand combat techniques? Please describe fully.


CHRISTIE RICCI: I have taken BJJ and Kickboxing. I was a natural at BJJ, or at least my trainers told me I was a natural. I love the competitiveness of BJJ and the knowledge of the technique you need to succeed.

3. I recently saw a clip of you against Frankie Zappitelli in an actual competitive wrestling match for Femwin. Have you considered more matches of this type or even MMA?

CHRISTIE RICCI: I have considered doing MMA for a while. My problem is finding the right trainer and the person that can take me to the next level. I competed in BJJ, but this was for no money or reward and it became very redundant to me, especially since I never found anyone at my level that could beat me. I wanted to fight against the more skilled BJJ, blue belt or higher but was not allowed to. As far as the competitive matches that you are referring to such as the one with Frankie Zappitelli, I have done many of these for Femwin.

4. Have you ever been in any real catfights in your life? If so, can you please share the details positive and negative. Catfight?

CHRISTIE RICCI: Hell no! I don't want to seem like a classless act, but I have had a few altercations where I have had to defend myself. I don't believe in ever starting trouble, but I do believe in defending yourself if necessary. All altercations can be avoided without violence, but if you take a swing first, I won't walk away.

5. I've wondered often why mainstream females do not utilize sexier finishing maneuvers in the ring. If you read stories or watch fantasy matches, many men and women like a match to end with a humiliating facesit, or a breast smother, or anything involving the legs. Why is it that more females in the wrestling business don't aim to please this big portion of the fan base?

CHRISTIE RICCI: This is easy, because that is not professional wrestling or martial arts!!!! Many of us like to stick to our pro roots. We have fans that appreciate the art of pro wrestling and the skill required, therefore, we don't feel the need to smother someone to please fans. Either you like what we do, or you will find someone that does what you like!!!

6. An often talked about match regarding you is your match against Cheerleader Melissa in one of the ChickFight tourneys. Though you lost the match, who do you think would win in a competitive wrestling match with Melissa like the one you did with Frankie? Why or why not?

CHRISTIE RICCI: I hate it when people ask me these questions. IF Melissa has no training, she would have a very difficult time beating me, but I don't know anything about Melissa's competitive martial arts training. She could be a black belt in BJJ for all I know in which case I'm sure she would kick my ass in seconds, but if this isn't the case, I wouldn't put her in an undetermined match with me.

7. I've seen your hardcore match vs. Tasha Simone and have seen pics of your stints in Mexico where it seems you were involved in bloody, hardcore matches. Do you see more women pushing the envelope like this or do you think it is a bit too much?

CHRISTIE RICCI: I believe there is a time and place for everything. I don't believe that people should bleed often. Hardcore matches are suppose to be an ending to a prolonged conflict. My matches in Mexico against Princess Sugeith were tough battles that ended in blood from months of feuding. Tasha was also a long term feud.

8. Do you see yourself moving towards signing with one of the big two (WWE or TNA) or do you think there are better opportunities out there with some of the independent, smaller, and more creative companies out there?

CHRISTIE RICCI: I set goals for myself, not other people or companies. My goals are to be the best pro and competitive wrestler I can be. I don't go knocking at people's doors begging for a job, because I have a job. I own my own company and I wrestle under my own circumstances, not others. If someone recognizes my talent then that is one thing, but I don't need to prove myself to anyone or any company.

9. Of all of the women you have faced in scripted matches, who would you say would be the 3 toughest in a real catfight.........and why?

CHRISTIE RICCI: Lei Lani Kai, Princess Sugeith and Desiree Petersen. I spent many years with Lei Lani as she trained me, and I have seen her totally destroy men and women. It was tough love, but she taught me well while demonstrating her knowledge and strength. Princess Sugeith because she is by far the toughest girl on the current circuit. Desiree Petersen because my first match with her was a custom for slamminladies.com. In the match she totally man handled me like I was a 40lb rag doll.

10. Do you have any neat or interesting catfight or female wrestling related stories here to finish that might interest fans who are always looking for juicy tidbits of information?

CHRISTIE RICCI: I would really keep tabs on my career in 2009. I have some major things planned. My website always keeps my fans updated on the latest news and actions www.ChristieRicci.net and my myspace is a little more personal where people can find out about my personal life and what I do on a daily basis www.myspace.com/ringgoddess88.

THANK YOU CHRISTIE RICCI!
You can find Christie at the following websites:
http://www.christiericci.net
http://www.myspace.com/ringgoddess88


Some of Christie Ricci's matches at Double Trouble:

Christie Ricci vs Frankie Zappitelli - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Helena - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Rain - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Frankie Zappitelli - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Heather Owens - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Frankie Zappitelli - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Morgan - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Erica & Rain - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Mutiny - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Puma - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Raquel - CLICK HERE
Christie Ricci vs Amber O'Neal - CLICK HERE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are to be congratulated for giving public recognition to this remarkable, incomparable woman who truly merits the coveted title Super Star. She has the very rare combination of beauty (a Playboy natural sans the nudity), intelligece (a thinking westler), and brawn (the most gorgeously sculpted body you will ever gaze upon). Her beauty is so transpiring and awesome you may forget to go beyond that quality and appreciate her outstanding skills as a pro wrestler.
A couple of minor caveats. Because her answer to your first question is very negative, you could have asked her who are the women she respects. Secondly, it would have been helpful if you asked her who are the producers she has wrestled for so that fans meeting her here for the first time would know where to go for videos of her matches.
An enjoyable interview with good questions that gave Ms Ricci the opportunity to demonstrate her fine intelligence.

Johnny Ringo said...

Your criticisms are noted and quite appreciated.

Kindest regards.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Christie's extremely sexy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome interview. Some good questions and some great, honest answers. You don't see a lot of good interviews like this.

Anonymous said...

Too bad Christie doesn't like that question. It's what's on everyone's minds.

Anonymous said...

Christie is talented and she can demostrate some submission techniques; however, she is no expert. In addition, there are other effective grappling arts other than BJJ (Eg., Sambo, Judo, Greco-Roman Wrestling, etc.). I can enumerate a myriad of grappling arts and other fighting disciplines that are viable for grappling. A lot of black belts in BJJ lose in MMA fights. Most of her matches are pre-arranged, including the "submission matches" with FEMWIN. However, she is athletic and has the tools to become a ver good grappler. Cat fights are disgrace!!!! Most men are drawn to Christie because of their lust for the flesh - pure ans simple!

MR. JULIUS said...

If you guys want to see to some really CARTOON CATFIGHTING...I'll be more than happy to provide pics and a interview. MR.JULIUS

Recent Articles