New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Comments regarding the Celebrity Boxing Series that aired on Fox in 2002

Well, it's been 6 years since Fox held Celebrity Boxing part 1 and Celebrity Boxing part 2.
I was pretty excited about this at the time.

Not because of the males you dumb-dumb, but because of the women!

The women, in my estimation, were not overly attractive, with the exception of Darva Conger, in my humble opinion. In terms of talent, if we overlook the quality of attractiveness, that was lacking as well.

What I was impressed with, was the CONCEPT, and for that, I give the people at Fox major kudos.

In terms of the female bouts, there were 2 that took place.

Celebrity Boxing Part 1 - Paula Jones vs Tonya Harding
Celebrity Boxing Part 2 - Darva Conger vs Olga Korbut

(side note: Joanie "Chyna" Laurer had a mixed match with Joey Buttafuoco in Celebrity Boxing part 2)

Now to me, these don't seem much like "celebrities".

Known, somewhat, but nothing of the caliber of a Angelina Jolie vs Jennifer Aniston match. Or a Denise Richards vs Heather Locklear, or a Britney Spears vs Christina Aguilera, or a Paris Hilton vs Lindsay Lohan.

So, either the producers didn't try very hard to get combatants, or they must have garnered a lot of refusals!

Don't know!

In any case, I feel the advent of a yearly or bi-yearly FEMALE CELEBRITY BOXING extravaganza would be a big boon for an ambitious network.

I have no doubt that there are many sexy celebrity females out there who would love the chance to punch out another female celebrity if given the opportunity in front of millions.

In fact, if you know anything about Hollywood, and the personalities there, I would think this would be a foregone conclusion.

Not to mention, I imagine it would be very profitable for the people holding the event.

In any case, you can watch the Darva Conger vs Olga Korbut match right here:

For pictures of Darva Conger, click HERE
For pictures of Olga Korbut, click HERE

3 Parts







Paula Jones vs Tonya Harding

Pictures of Paula Jones, click HERE
Pictures of Tonya Harding, click HERE

All we could find on Youtube is what is provided below:




Conclusion:

I loved the idea, but the superstars and quality were indeed lacking.

However, I do think this could be brought back to life if the right people got behind it.

What do you think?

How would you feel about a FEMALE CELEBRITY BOXING show coming to life?

Is this something that you would watch?

Is this something you would pay money for?

Please let us know below with your comments and opinions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be watching a celebrity match up for sure. I would think that Layla Ali would be the perfect host.

GooseXXX said...

I would love to see Kendra Wilkinson thumb wrestle Bonesaw.

Recent Articles