New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Friday, December 16, 2011

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview: Raye Hollitt (aka Zap - American Gladiators)

More Raye Hollitt photos at Freeones

This interview appeared in the Catfight Report Internet Magazine Volume 22

CATFIGHT REPORT EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
RAYE HOLLITT


VISIT RAYE HOLLITT'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE
CLICK HERE

Almost anyone living in America between 1990 and 2011 has heard of the television show named "American Gladiators".

Raye Hollitt was one of the pioneers as she played the antagonist "Zap".



I realize a lot of fans in the catfight and female wrestling industry really love fitness models and I'm certain that many males out there were sizing the American Gladiator ladies up against each other while when they were bruising the bodies and the egos of the female contestants that dared face them.

I wanted to ask Raye some questions from a female combat perspective and I really enjoyed a lot of her answers.

I hope you do too!

QUESTIONS FOR RAYE HOLLITT

by Johnny Ringo

1.  There is a pretty good interview fans can read HERE that covers your time in the female fitness world. Staying on topic........you have actually done some female vs female wrestling in the past. Here is a multi-part question. Was the action real, who were your opponents, did you win or lose, and did you enjoy the competition of wrestling other females?

RAYE HOLLITT:   Back in the late 80's, I did some videos where I wrestled guys. It wasn't fake. It was role-playing, but I was bigger back then. I actually made pretty good money, but didn't realize they would surface all over the internet in the future. It was fun. I was in my early 20's and I could hold my own when it came to wrestling - anybody!

2.  Would you still wrestle other females now if the price was right or is that part of your life done and over with?

RAYE HOLLITT:  I am only 130 pounds these days with plenty of old recurring injuries. It wouldn't be worth it even if it were staged. I'm not as agile as I used to be - nor do I actually need the extra money. I'd probably get my ass kicked.

3.  Do you have any good stories to share of when you wrestled other ladies? Did any antagonism ever develop on or off the mats?

RAYE HOLLITT:  The only real good stories I have came from all of those years on the gladiators. We were all pretty well matched. I just started at a weight of 165 pounds, but over a few years got real, real lean. I was fast, but didn't have the size.

4. This is the Catfight Report so we must ask. Have you ever been in any real catfights with other females? If so, what were the results of those encounters positive and negative?

RAYE HOLLITT:  Yes, this is the Catfight Report, and I can honestly say "no". I am one of the good gals who is really cool with "everyone". That is why I lasted so long on Gladiators as I would knock people down, but then give them a hand to pick them up. Also, I think I have a reputation, so no woman/women ever confront me. It's more the guys than gals.

5.  Did any tension ever develop with you and the other ladies on American Gladiator? Did any catfights ever take place backstage or between any of the girls that fans would love to hear about?

RAYE HOLLITT:  Considering that we were all vying for our jobs, there wasn't much tension. I was the one who always took the events that the other girls didn't want to do. That is why I think I was on the show for six plus years. I knew every time I did someone's event I'd get air time - which mean "residuals"!

6. Out of all the fitness ladies you have been around in your lifetime, who are the top 3 that you think would have been the toughest in a real catfight?

RAYE HOLLITT:   If you are talking fitness, and not bodybuilding - Kelly Ryan for sure. Monica Brandt comes in second and Amy Fahdli third - especially now that we are all more mature and don't put up with bullshit anymore.

7.  Name Associations:

Ok, here is where the interview gets fun. Let's flash back and say it's 1994. You are still an American Gladiator and NBC comes to you and says that they want want to know who the toughest American Gladiator is. I am going to name the ladies you have worked with, and just for fun, tell me who you think would have won in 1994 in a real wrestling match. You can also comment on the person listed and even say what finishing hold you would have used to put them down if you state that you would win.

Lace - Marisa Pare

RAYE HOLLITT:  No contest. Marisa was hired to wear lace because she was sexy. She tough and held her own, but hands down, not a problem - even now.

Sunny - Cheryl Barldinger


RAYE HOLLITT:  Wouldn't want to wrestle her... She's a foot taller than I am!


Blaze - Sha-ri Pendleton


RAYE HOLLITT:  Hell no. Did you see her take down "every" contestant on the show. She would have rung my neck - although she is really sweet, but packs a wallop of a punch.

Gold - Tonya Knight

RAYE HOLLITT:  Can't stand her. She's two faced. I'd probably forget the wrestling and knock her out with one punch. Enough said.

Jade - T.C. Corrin

(No Picture)


RAYE HOLLITT:   Don't remember who this is.

Diamond - Erika Andersch


RAYE HOLLITT:   We've been friends for years. She's tough, but I think it would be pretty even. She's very sexy, so that would be tough to get over. We'd probably laugh the whole time.

Ice - Lori Fetrick

RAYE HOLLITT:   She'd probably kick my ass, but then again..... We're still friends, so that would be awkward, although at this weight, I'd probably get my butt kicked.

Storm - Debbie Clark

(No Picture)

RAYE HOLLITT:   No thanks!

Elektra - Salina Bartunek


RAYE HOLLITT:   Don't remember and have no idea what she looks like these days. I'm still strong as hell, but a lot of these women have a couple inches on me.

Lace (2) - Natalie Lennox


RAYE HOLLITT:   Don't remember... How do you?

Dallas - Shannon Hall

RAYE HOLLITT:   Real close friend - still, but she wrestles for a living and has over twenty pounds on me. If anything, I'd ask her for advice.


Sky - Shirley Eson-Korito


RAYE HOLLITT:   Love Shirley, but again, way too tall. She can wrestle my boyfriend and give him a challenge.

Jazz - Victoria Gay

RAYE HOLLITT:  Hell no. Victoria was out for blood. I was there to entertain. Sweet woman though. No thanks!

8.  As an outsider looking in, what are your thoughts on those who get a sexual rise from watching two females in combat? Have you encountered many people that like this sort of thing and what are your thoughts on it all?

RAYE HOLLITT:  Now you're getting down and dirty. I think every one enjoys it. It's human nature. Why is the MMA so popular? Whether it is girl on girl, girl on girl, guys beating the crap out of each other, there is always an animal instinct that is engaging.

9. What are some things you might be able to think of, that are female wrestling or catfight related involving you, that we might have missed in this interview? Any neat stories or tid bits you can think of?

RAYE HOLLITT:  The only memories I have from wrestling with other females is from the Gladiators. The wrestling ring was a favorite of mine, although, they didn't give us much time and we had to stay in that 8 foot ring. Wrestling the guys was fun, but it was because they weren't trying to kill you. They just wanted to have some fun.

10. Where are the places fans can find and connect with you these days? Do you use Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo Groups, a personal website, etc?  Any closing thoughts you would like to make?

I'm pretty easy to find. Yes, facebook. My website www.rayehollitt.com... I don't twitter, and myspace is dead. I hope this helps you and your viewers get to know me better. It was quite extensive, but brought back a lot of memories. Cheers!

THANK YOU RAYE HOLLITT!

I found that to be a fun interview and I hope fans liked and enjoyed the answers above.  I would like to wish Raye and her family a Merry Christmas wish her the best in all of her future endeavors.

You can connect with Raye Hollitt at the following locations:

Official Website of Raye Hollitt - CLICK HERE
Official Facebook Profile of Raye Hollitt - CLICK HERE

Visit the Deluxe Sponsors of the Catfight Report:

Academy Wrestling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raye Hollit wrestled against Susie Rivers and Michelle Ette, back in the late 80's for Premier Productions. Too bad there were no doubleheadscissors in those matches. She had two matches against men also. Some of the headscissor action was very sexy. She had smooth , tanned , strong and shapely legs, and she became aroused when squeezing men.

Anonymous said...

Whoever posted the above comment is right. She wrestled Tom Jackson for Video Views, and just before she traps him in a headscissors with those shapely legs of hers, she lets out a moan, as if she couldn't wait.

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give to have Raye Hollit trap me in a headscissors, with my head high up between her upper thighs. I'd like to be facing into her ass while trapped, and slowly lift her ass and locked legs off the ground, while my head is trapped. Eventually it would become a standing 69 headscissors. She would love it too.

Recent Articles