New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview: Lana Kinnear

As it appeared in the Catfight Report Internet Magazine Volume 4

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview:
Lana Kinnear
(aka Lana Starr)


Lana Starr.

A star indeed!

Or, at least in the Catfight Report's opinion, a star that should have been.

Tell us with a straight face what Lana Kinnear doesn't have that Rena Mero, Trish Stratus, and others before and after her possessed that Lana doesn't?

Luck maybe?   Ok.   We will give you that.

Anyone that watched Lana in the WOWE (Women of Wrestling Entertainment) promotion knows what I mean. She had a very nice aggressive streak in the ring, was very athletic, and was always very calm, composed, and control on the microphone.

And..........extremely sexy to boot.

If you have been wondering where Lana has been all these years, just like we have, hopefully you will enjoy this interview as much as we did.

Catfight Report Interview Questions with Lana Kinnear:
(Lana Starr)


1. I want to start off by saying I loved the Lana Starr character in WOWE.

Honestly, you were the main reason I tuned in. Personally, I would have loved to see your bad girl character get more clean wins, but you win some and you lose some. How do you feel about the way they used your character? What did they do well and what could they have done better in your opinion?

LANA KINNEAR: Thanks! I'm happy with how they used my character but I wish I appreciated Lana Star as much then as I do now. I would be so behind and involved with that character if it was now. I also would have spoken up more when it came to matches and added more moves, etc. I think Lana Star was underestimated by people when it actually came to the ring! LOL.

2. What was the backstage like in WOW? Surely, the females there had to be jealous of the extremely sexy and catty Lana Kinnear! :) Did any catfights or any "almost" catfights take place or occur?

LANA KINNEAR: The funny thing is the people you probably thought there would have been drama or cattiness directed, there wasn't, whereas it was actually the people you least expected who had the most drama........and there was a lot. I was so in and out. I did my job and didn't really hang with anyone socially. I didn't really get involved in anything.

3. Tell us about Lana in real life. If you got in a real catfight, would you be a pushover, or someone not to mess with? A follow up on this, are you trained in any fighting disciplines and have you had any catfight encounters in the past you would be willing to spill the beans on?

LANA KINNEAR: In real life I have been in a few fights when I was newly on the club scene. I remember one time being at a club in a rubber dress, high heels, and giant blonde hair and a chick in jeans and sneakers started something with me thinking I would be a pushover.

I think she was really surprised when she was laying out cold on the cement. I'm not a scratcher or slapper I'm a puncher,kicker and choker or I should say I was. That was a long time ago I wouldn't even give some one the time of day now to be able to make me that mad.

Lana Kinnear? Pushover?
"Knockout" is more like it.


4.  If you had absolute total creative control over your wrestling character, would you be a good girl or a bad girl, and what kind of finishing moves and pyschology would you exhibit against your hapless opponents?

LANA KINNEAR: I would be a bad girl for sure and I would be Lana Star to the extreme. Except, I might pretend everyone is my friend and then when they least expect it turn on them. :)

5. How would you compare the female wrestling business vs acting or doing other activities? If the money was good enough in female wrestling and combat, how far would you go? For instance, if the money was right, would you do more scripted stuff like you do now? Conversely, would you wrestle for real, or box, or participate in MMA bouts if the money was there?

LANA KINNEAR: Acting and modeling are great with acting you get residuals and you are covered with great health insurance so it's better in that sense, but absolutely, if the money was right, I would do those other things! I love activities where I can be paid to let my aggressions out.

6. There are many fans out there, male and female alike, that get a sexual rise from watching female wrestling and combat. How aware are you of this very large genre of fans, and what is your opinion personally of this phenomenon?

LANA KINNEAR: I think it's great. To each there own and I'm sure it keeps a lot of female wrestlers in jobs. :)

7.   NAME ASSOCIATIONS

Ok Lana. This is where we put you on the spot. We are going to name off 10 girls that your name has been associated with throughout your career. If you faced each of these 10 girls, in a one on one REAL wrestling match, submission only, how would you fare against each of these 10?

Also, list what move/s you would employ to make them submit to you if you think you would win.

From WOWE:

1. Bronco Billie (Lisa Danielle)
I'm not sure I think she still wrestles so maybe she's really good now so I'll say she will probably win

2.  Summer (Bobbi Billiard)
I like Bobbi but I think she had some problems with her neck so I'll say I would win and I would just choke her out

3.  Sandy (Tamie Sheffield)
I like Tamie too she's a scraper but I just don't think she would be into it anymore and would probably let me win so I'll go with surfboard haha

4.  Riot (April Littlejohn)
I think she's still doing stunts so if she can smash through glass and run through fire she would probably win

5.  Ice Cold (Inga Waggoner)
I'll say I would win. That will probably make her mad.  LOL. Camel clutch!

Lana Star - Real Wrestler?
Is it possible?

From Wrestlelicious:

I hate answering these because I might still have to work with them. I'll just say all of them because they are mostly super experienced and it's their career. I'll just write something about each of them. You guys will just have to deal with it!

6.  Charlotte (Amber O'Neal)
She was a really sweet person when I met her

7.   Lacey Von Erich
Lacey rocks!

8.   Amber Lively (Madison Rayne)
I don't really remember

9.   Glory - (Christie Ricci)
definitely she would win

10. Autumn Frost (Jennifer Blake)
Pretty girl and cute costume I also thought she was a fantastic wrestler

8.   In your opinion........what do you think needs to take place for the females in the wrestling and female combat business to overtake the men as the top draw? In your view, what needs to take place to make this happen, what changes would you employ, and do you think this is a viable question and assertion?

LANA KINNEAR: The only way that would ever happen is if networks were controlled by women and if wrestling promotions were run 100% by women. I don't know how viable the question is as wrestling and combat have been this way since the beginning.

9.  If you could pick 5 girls in the world that you would like to either:

A. Wrestle in a real match
B. Box or Catfight
C. Slap the taste out their mouth
D. Perform a scripted wrestling, boxing, catfighting match with them

Please name who these 5 girls would be, and which of the alphabetical options above you would choose to employ against them.  :)

LANA KINNEAR: Trish Stratus and Sable would be (D). I could get a lot of publicity from that and credibility if I did a good match. Pamela Anderson would be (A) as it would be easy and I think she would be fun and also good publicity.  Tila Tequila (C) because really who doesn't want to LOL. And, Paris Hilton (B) because "that's hot".

10. Please fill Catfight Report fans on any neat or interesting tidbits we might have missed and please let Catfight Report fans know about all your upcoming projects and all the places they can find and connect with you on the internet.

LANA KINNEAR: You can see me on Wrestlicious playing Malibu Mckenzie.  Also, check out my website http://www.absolutelana.com or http://www.twitter.com/TheMalibu

THANK YOU LANA KINNEAR!


Be sure to visit Lana on the web:
Lana Kinnear's Main Website - Click Here
Lana Kinnear on Twitter - Click Here

No comments:

Recent Articles