New Venture!

See my new venture - THE FEMALE WRESTLING CHANNEL - to see what I'm up to these days.

- Ringo -

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview: Joy Giovanni

Catfight Report Exclusive Interview
Joy Giovanni

Back in 2010 I did an interview with Joy Giovanni formerly of the WWE.  

The interview I'm providing here has been pieced together from my old myspace, and an old draft I finally found here on the site that had her answers I had overlooked for close to 2 years now.

She is a beautiful woman, seems like a very fun gal, and I would love to see her in our side of the business one day.   I will attempt a follow up interview in the next couple of months and see if it's possible if we can get this lovely woman on a wrestling mat.  (preferably in a real match with Amy Weber.)

Here is Johnny Ringo's Question and Answer Session with Joy Giovanni.

1.  I have read in various places that you are a trained kickboxer.   How do you feel about
female vs female combat?   If the opportunity was right, would you ever take on another woman
in an MMA match, a real wrestling match, a real boxing match, or anything of that sort?

JOY GIOVANNI:   I have trained in kickboxing and muay thai. I personally train in these disciplines because of the excitement and intensity of the workout. I LOVE women in MMA, I think it is great!!! I don't like to say "never" but I do not for see any circumstances in which I would agree to a professional fight of any kind for a variety of reasons.

2.  Tough and beautiful is a rare mix.  Have any females attempted or actualized any catfights
with you during your life?   If so, or even if not, were there any backstage catfights that happened
in the WWE between yourself or other females while you were there that you would be willing to talk about as well?  :)

JOY GIOVANNI:  Real life catfights. Hmmmm, let me think. Well, I was picked on terribly during my junior high years by MUCH bigger girls in a very rough neighborhood so I avoided fights as much as possible growing up. I will admit that I have had my fair share of "yelling matches" with other females over the years. I don't advocate violence unless one is physically attacked. If anyone hasn't seen the past WWE footage of catfights between myself and Amy Weber definitely check those out. I didn't have conflict with any of the other Divas during my run with WWE. I'm not that hard to get along with.

3.  Amy Weber.  Tell Catfight Report fans about the history between you and Amy Weber.  Tell
us about the website, http://www.amyvsjoy.com, the stuff leading up to what happened, was the
event real or scripted, and what was the outcome of the battle?

Who would win between Amy Weber and Joy Giovanni?
Would Joy score the knockout punch?



JOY GIOVANNI:  Amy Weber and I have had an interesting love/hate relationship. Most people don't know that she and I started as friends during the Diva Search.

Since then we go back and forth between friends and enemies. We are the quintessential "Frienemies". During my WWE days we had HUGE feuds that were the direct cause of many main event matches between JBL and The Big Show/Kurt Angle.

Amy and I, however, were never able to have an official match with WWE. One was set up for a No Way Out pay-per-view but Amy left so that chance was ruined. After WWE both Amy and I returned to our acting/modeling/hosting careers in Hollywood.

Hollywood is a small town with even smaller circles. People talk. It always "gets around". Amy talked a lot of smack about me in town. It got around. I talked back. Amy's "people" then got a hold of my "people" and an official "once and for all" match was scheduled. Venues were being booked, tickets prepared, we were both in serious training.

It's all on the Amy vs. Joy DVD.   If I told everyone what happened, no one would need the DVD :)

Amy Weber on the left, Joy Giovanni on the right.


Youtube Preview of the Amy vs Joy DVD Encounter:



JOHNNY RINGO NOTE:
The Amy vs Joy website is no longer up, and for the longest time, people had reported problems on the internet in purchasing the video. I can't find the video anywhere at the time of this article. You can read reports about the video HERE, HERE, and HERE.   I also believe the story was scripted and kayfabe, as it appears that Joy and Amy are friends as of present day judging by a December 22nd 2011 tweet about Amy's new kids and a March 2012 tweet about wanting to catch up.

ANOTHER JOHNNY RINGO NOTE:
A site called "RF Video" has the Amy vs Joy video listed on their website, but when you click to purchase the DVD, it takes you to a page with other selections instead. Perhaps interested fans can use RF Video's Contact form and ask them if this match is still available.

Place Amy vs Joy on your Amazon Wishlist:
AMY vs. JOY : Two Former Divas! One Grudge!

4.  Let's say that tomorrow Amy Weber contacts The Catfight Report and says she wants us
to set up a real battle against Joy Giovanni.  First of all, would you accept?  If you got to pick what type of match you could face her in, what type of non-scripted matchup would you want her in and why?  (kickboxing, mma, submission wrestling, real wrestling, real catfight)

JOY GIOVANNI:  I would always accept a challenge from Amy. I would want an MMA style fight. All styles accepted, no weapons, clean, straight up fight.

5.  I have learned over the years that there are MANY fans of catfights and female wrestling that watch these activities to get a sexual rise.   I wrote my thoughts on it in a piece that can be found HERE.   What is your opinion personally of seeing two females tear into each other?   Do you appreciate or even feel the sexual underpinnings personally?   Or, if not with females, do you feel the undercurrents of the sexuality when wrestling with a guy?

Note:   Joy did not answer this question. 

6.   Recently I lamented in The Catfight Report Internet Magazine Volume 3 about how I feel
that mainstream female wrestling writer/bookers model the action too much off the men.  Why risk doing
a moonsault off the top rope when a sexy headscissors move, or a dominating schoolgirl pin, would
get the crowd going much more?   Why not perform a sexy bronco buster in the corner, or perform
a breast smother on your opponent, or a stinkface, or reverse headscissors, or make one opponent the slave
of the other?   What if Amy Weber had to join Amy Giovanni's "Kiss My Ass" club?

Why can't the bad girls ever win clean?   What's up with all the run-ins?

Am I crazy or am I on to something here?

JOY GIOVANNI:  That is an insulting question to all female wrestlers and to all females in general. Women do the difficult, high flying, showy, technical, serious wrestling moves for four reasons.

a. we can
b. we are good at them
c. we want to
d. we insist

Make no mistake about it, female wrestling is MORE competitive than male wrestling. Women battle other talented women regularly for their jobs and they battle the men for camera/tv time ALWAYS. If there are 10 matches per show there is MAYBE one Divas match. You want it to be bigger, better, and more memorable than before. Women have more to prove in that world.

-Why can't the bad girls ever win clean?

Sometimes they do. It's rare but it happens. The reason is obvious so I'm not sure if this question is asked sarcastically or not. Why else would you need rematch after rematch???

-What's up with all the run-ins?

It's the easiest way to get camera/ tv time for more people. No one wants to sit backstage and not work. There's only so much time per show. It's how they squeeze more talent appearances into less time. And again, reasons for rematches.

Joy Giovanni - World Class Sexy Woman
Could we add the title of "Ass Kicker"?



7.   NAME ASSOCIATIONS:

If Joy Giovanni were to take on the following females in a real wrestling match, no script, and the win could come by submission only, who would emerge as the winner?   AND, if you say that you would be the winner, what move/s would you use to make your outclassed opponent submit?

JOY GIOVANNI:  I'm not trained in wrestling AT ALL in any way so I don't know the names of hardly any of the moves/finishers.

1. Stacy Carter (The Kat)- never met her in person so it's hard to say, but I think I'd win.
2. Trish Stratus- I know Trish. I love Trish. Trish would kick my ass. Haha :)
3. Melina Perez- I know Melina. She's a great person. It'd be a long fight and one of us would lose from exhaustion. She and I are equally matched.
4. Carmella DeCesare - I know her well enough to know that I'd win in about 30 seconds
5. Michelle McCool- I'm far more girly than Michelle. She would win.
6. Candice Michelle- I think we are equally tough in very different ways.
7. Dawn Marie- I've spent time with Dawn. She's a tough lady. Hard call.
8. Lisa Marie Varon- Lisa is great in many ways both personally and professionally. She could beat me down but if I cried she might feel bad enough for me to stop :)
9. Terri Runnels- I know I should know who this is but I don't
10. Amy Weber- see question 5.

8.  Out of all the WWE Divas you encountered, are there any not mentioned above that you absolutely would NOT want to get in a catfight with, or be in a real match situation with? A follow up to this, is who are some of the toughest Divas in real life in your estimation?

JOY GIOVANNI:  Lita/ Amy is the one I'd be most afraid of. If you can't figure out why you are not a WWE fan. And also any of them who look like they are on a ton of steroids. For the obvious reasons.

"toughest Divas in real life in your estimation?"; Lita, Trish, Lisa Maria, Sharmelle, May and Moulah, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

9.  If you had your pick of any 5 females in the world, that you would love to wrestle, catfight, box,
make your bitch, etc, please name who they are and why you choose them.  :)

JOY GIOVANNI:  As I said, I don't advocate random violence unless attacked first and I have no intention of getting into a ring for sport.

10.  What's next for Joy Giovanni?   Any interesting stories or tidbits we might have missed?  Where can fans find you on the internet?

JOY GIOVANNI:  I know I have tons of stories that are great and usually have one for every occasions but for them to pop into my head you have to ask a question that makes the story pop.

What's next? This (2010) is going to be an amazing years for me in every aspect. Professionally I have just finished re-certifying as a massage therapist (for those of you WWE fans who'd know, that was not a gimmick I was actually a certified massage therapist ), I have a really fun web show launching on youtube VERY soon, I am in talks for a great hosting opportunity, and also a couple different possible opportunities in film, and television. I have been acting since 2002 and had recently taken a few years off so I am so excited to be dipping back into it slowly but surely. There are so many things in the works all over my life. I'm so excited!

I DO NOT have a public facebook. I keep it private for family and close personal friends only. I'll have a "fanpage" soon, by request.  

RINGO NOTE:   She still doesn't at the time of this article that I am aware is hers.

My official and one and only Official Myspace of Joy Giovanni is:
http://www.myspace.com/officialjoygiovanni

I maintain this myself and try to answer messages as often as possible.

RINGO NOTE:   I don't know if she uses Myspace anymore, but you can find the Official Twitter Account of Joy Giovanni by CLICKING HERE.

THANK YOU JOY GIOVANNI!

It is our hope that you do fantastic on all of your future endeavors, and if you ever want to compete in a real wrestling match against other females, I'm sure tons of fans out there would be very interested in seeing you compete!

Meow!

Visit the Deluxe Sponsors of the Catfight Report:

Academy Wrestling
April Hunter (Official Website)
Catfight.com

Double Trouble Wrestling! (DT)

No comments:

Recent Articles